Business-Focused WordPress Development
Digital Project Manager job
What it’s all about
WPRiders is a technical WordPress development agency where we handle highly challenging projects. Beyond that, WPRiders is a place where you grow as a person, where you read books and study a lot in order to become the best version of yourself.
Our team is looking for a seasoned Digital Project Manager that will be at the heart of our digital production process. Clarity of thinking, effective communication skills as well as uber-organizational abilities are the three pillars of this position.
What’s in it for you
- continuous learning: daily study time, book budget, Kindle for Amazon books, audiobooks on Audible
- international exposure – 99% of our projects are with customers from the US, Canada, Australia, Asia and Western Europe. You will work remotely with our customers, from our offices in Bucharest
- interesting and diverse project portfolio that will stimulate your thinking and creativity
- work according to the highest standards
- a motivating salary package
- a share of company profits
- private healthcare insurance
- laptop/desktop on any of the operating systems of your choice: Mac/Linux/Windows
- pay it forward philosophy: we adhere to Open Source principles and movement by regularly publishing articles and WordPress plugins
- an incredibly talented team with a healthy organizational culture which encourages learning and self-growth
We employ a wide range of Agile driven processes to yield high Return on Investment and to fulfill our mission – make our customers successful online. This is what you’ll have to do on a regular basis:
- Daily communication with our clients – gathering feedback and updating on progress
- Continuous communication with our team
- Clarify project scope and write functional specifications
- Plan the project schedule and budget
- Monitor and track project timelines
- Ensure the quality of the deliverables through appropriate testing
- Gather and coordinate resources, information and content
- Conduct project post factums and improvement plans
- Learn on a daily basis, look for ways to improve our processes and tools
What we are looking for in you
- Prior experience in a web development agency. Ideally, in WordPress based projects
- A good understanding of programming languages and databases: PHP, CSS, jQuery, SQL
- Accountability – do your job well, be reliable and deliver on the promised results
- Integrity – always do the right thing; treat others as you would want others to treat you
- Personal growth – be on a journey of continuous learning and quest for improvement
- Excellent command of English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team Player
- Project planning skills
- Personal organization skills
- Conflict management abilities
- Attention to details
- Ability to deal with multiple projects and clients at one time
- Familiarity with Agile software development methodologies
- Familiarity with Quality Assurance techniques and processes
- Familiarity with WordPress and/or other CMS systems
The Digital Project Manager needs to be calm and cool under pressure, firm yet polite, flexible and open-minded yet determined and focused, and a team player. You need to exhibit leadership and be a consultant, not simply an order taker.
All in all, we put our heart into our work and we are looking for a person that is willing to fully commit himself/herself to the successful delivery of our projects.
These are the values that guide us everyday
- Accountability: we do our job well. We work efficiently since we believe it is only up to us to deliver on the promised results.
- Integrity: we follow one simple rule – always do the right thing. We are honest and open with our customers. We keep our promises and treat our stakeholders with respect and consideration, just as we would want them to treat us.
- Personal growth: we are passionate about our work. We are also open to personal change and continuous improvement. That is why we constantly challenge ourselves to find new ideas and solutions in our pursuit of excellence.
- Contribution: we are part of the Open Source community. We are determined and dedicated to its success. We gladly share our know-how as keynote speakers and our code to inspire and help others just as we were inspired and helped by the Open Source family.
How to apply for the job
Send us your CV via email to [email protected] and elaborate on the two topics below:
- Why do you want to be part of WPRiders team?
- What past experience and personal qualities make you stand out from other candidates?